- Paul Nardone is the brand new CEO of chickpea snack model Hippeas, the corporate mentioned in an announcement. Nardone has greater than 30 years of experience in a wide range of meals, beverage and shopper packaged items firms, together with CEO roles at Annie’s and PopCorners proprietor BFY Manufacturers.
- The CPG veteran will concentrate on rising Hippeas’ portfolio, increasing manufacturing and opening new channels of distribution. Founder Livio Bisterzo has transitioned into the chief chairman position the place he’ll concentrate on strategic initiatives.
- The naming of a brand new CEO continues what has been an energetic yr for the snack maker. In January, Hippeas raised $50 million in an funding spherical from The Craftory Restricted, and named Greg Buscher, who has 25 years of C-suite expertise and a background in operations and manufacturing, as CFO.
Hippeas has grown right into a $100 million
- Shelf-life enhancing startup Hazel Applied sciences introduced the shut of a $70 million Collection C spherical co-led by Pontifax World Meals and Agriculture Expertise Fund (Pontifax AgTech) and Temasek, a Singapore-based international funding fund, in line with a press launch. Different traders included S2G Ventures, Pangaea Ventures, Rhapsody Enterprise Companions, Asahi Kasai Ventures, Jordan Park Group, and the Jeremy and Hannelore Grantham Environmental Belief.
- Hazel Applied sciences creates sachets that may be positioned in bulk containers of produce on the time of harvest to inhibit the discharge of the ripening agent ethylene. The startup claims it might probably prolong shelf life as much as thrice in comparison with produce transported with out the sachets.
- The corporate stated it is going to use the latest spherical of financing to commercialize its expertise globally. By the tip of 2021, Hazel estimates its sachets could have saved practically 1 billion kilos
- Keurig Dr Pepper has agreed to chop its use of virgin plastic packaging by 25% by 2025, in accordance with a press launch from nonprofit As You Sow. The corporate will attain this objective by “rising use of recycled content material, elimination of pointless materials, redesign of packaging, and exploration of reuse fashions,” the group mentioned.
- The beverage large used 208,000 metric tons of plastic packaging in 2018, in accordance with figures shared by As You Sow. This iniative builds on the corporate’s objective to finally make all its packaging compostable or recyclable.
- Keurig Dr Pepper is the third CPG firm to announce cuts to virgin plastic use after As You Sow filed a shareholder proposal that will compel it to report how a lot of its plastic packaging escapes into the atmosphere, becoming a member of PepsiCo and Mondelez. The group mentioned it has withdrawn
- Shelf-life enhancing startup Hazel Applied sciences introduced the shut of a $70 million Sequence C spherical co-led by Pontifax International Meals and Agriculture Expertise Fund (Pontifax AgTech) and Temasek, a Singapore-based international funding fund, in response to a press launch. Different buyers included S2G Ventures, Pangea Ventures, Rhapsody Enterprise Companions, Asahi Kasai Ventures, Jordan Park Group, and the Jeremy and Hannelore Grantham Basis.
- Hazel Applied sciences creates sachets that may be positioned in bulk containers of produce on the time of harvest to inhibit the discharge of the ripening agent ethylene. The startup claims it might prolong shelf life as much as thrice in comparison with produce transported with out the sachets.
- The corporate mentioned it’s going to use the latest spherical of financing to commercialize its know-how globally. By the top of 2021, Hazel estimates its sachets can have saved almost 1 billion kilos of produce from
- Tyson Meals is opening its first new poultry processing facility in 25 years with a plant in Humboldt, Tennessee, in response to a press launch.
- The corporate invested $425 million within the 370,000-square-foot facility, which features a processing plant, feed mill and hatchery. The plant will produce pre-packaged trays of recent hen for retail, and operations may start as quickly as late April. Tyson expects to make use of greater than 1,500 on the plant by 2023.
- Tyson maintains 5 different amenities throughout Tennessee. That is the second financial improvement venture that the poultry large has pursued within the state following an $84 million growth of its Union Metropolis operation in August 2017.
Meat and poultry gross sales have seen a serious increase because of the pandemic, skyrocketing almost 35% between March and July 2020 in comparison with the identical interval in the course of
- Nestlé is incorporating Banza chickpea pasta right into a pair of its latest Life Delicacies choices, the world’s largest meals firm stated in an announcement. The pasta is being added to its Triple Cheese Macaroni and Cheese Bowl and its Gluten Free Way of life Pasta Bolognese Bowl.
- Life Delicacies is also introducing extra objects that incorporate substances corresponding to cauliflower rice and spiralized zucchini. The model stated the ten new varieties cater to in style traits corresponding to high protein, meatless, gluten free and low carb.
- Nestlé debuted the Life Delicacies line final Could as a part of its broader push to cater to those shopper dietary traits. The Switzerland-based firm additionally has been aggressively investing and innovating in its plant-based model Candy Earth and bulking up its water choices with purposeful attributes.
Lately, Nestlé’s Lean Delicacies has