Not less than seven youngsters are sick with E. Coli infections in a brand new outbreak involving an unknown supply. The entire sick youngsters are youthful than 14, with three of them youthful than 5 years previous, in accordance with an outbreak announcement by King County, WA, well being officers.
“Our investigation is ongoing, and we have now not recognized any meals, eating places, or different sources in widespread amongst all circumstances. It isn’t but recognized whether or not these circumstances share the identical supply or not,” officers reported within the announcement.
The youngsters turned sick between April 22 and Could 1. Six of the seven youngsters have been so sick they needed to be admitted to hospitals. One of many sick youngsters is confirmed as having developed the life-threatening kidney complication known as hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) and is recovering. A second youngster is suspected to have HUS.
State testing discovered Listeria monocytogenes in bagged turnip greens, prompting New York officers to difficulty a public warning right now.
The contemporary turnip greens are offered below the Robinson Contemporary model and is packaged by an organization of the identical identify. As of the posting of the pubic warning no sicknesses had been confirmed in relation to the leafy greens.
Distribution particulars are incomplete, however New York’s Division of Agriculture and Markets reviews the implicated turnip greens had been offered at a ShopRite in Commack and probably different retail areas.
“The patron alert was initiated after routine sampling by New York State Division of Agriculture and Markets’ meals inspectors and subsequent evaluation of the product by New York State Meals Laboratory personnel discovered Listeria monocytogenes current within the product,” in response to the warning from state Agriculture Secretary Richard A. Ball.
“Customers who’ve bought the ‘Robinson Contemporary Turnip Greens’ shouldn’t
- Plant-based frozen meals maker Tattooed Chef is buying New Mexico Meals Distributors, Inc. and Karsten Tortilla Manufacturing facility, which function collectively as Meals of New Mexico, for $35 million, in keeping with a press launch. The transactions are anticipated to shut in early Could.
- Meals of New Mexico at the moment produces ready-to-eat Mexican dishes for retail and foodservice at its Albuquerque, New Mexico, facility together with quesadillas, burritos and sauces. A brand new plant in Karsten, New Mexico, makes tortillas. Mixed, the 2 amenities complete 118,000 sq. toes.
- Tattooed Chef plans to make use of the acquisitions to develop deeper into the $20 billion Hispanic and Southwest meals phase, in addition to ambient meals and snacks, in keeping with the press launch. The offers are happening as frozen meals gross sales have elevated in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, whereas plant-based meals proceed to seize
Rockstar celebrates hustle mentality in first world advertising and marketing platform since PepsiCo acquisition
- Rockstar is introducing its first world advertising and marketing platform since getting acquired by PepsiCo final yr, in keeping with a information launch. Referred to as “Life is Your Stage,” the hassle celebrates the hustle mentality of Rockstar’s audience.
- The vitality drink model developed three quick movies that depict varied folks on the day by day grind, together with an newbie rapper attempting to make hits in her bed room, an workplace employee pushing for a promotion and a hardcore gamer who performs hours-long classes. Rockstar has additionally fashioned a Rockstar Vitality Hustle Collective of influencers to create and amplify associated content material all year long.
- PepsiCo’s inner International Design workforce earlier this yr reworked Rockstar’s visible id and packaging. A global advertising and marketing push behind the refresh comes as PepsiCo plans to greater than double Rockstar’s geographical footprint over the following three years.
Lightlife made a splash final yr with the relaunch of its cleaner label burger and its problem to Past Meat and Inconceivable Meals to additionally undertake extra well known components of their burgers. However it wasn’t the tip of the corporate’s reformulation effort.
Because the late August burger relaunch, Lightlife has been quietly reformulating all of its merchandise to make them cleaner label and fully vegan. As of now, the corporate’s complete portfolio — 19 completely different merchandise — has been reformulated to take out components that buyers might discover off-putting or that got here from animals. All of its objects are additionally licensed kosher and Non-GMO Challenge verified. Gone are components together with carrageenan, eggs and maltodextrin, which have been changed by components together with potato starch, citrus fiber and sugar.
Dan Curtin, president of Lightlife proprietor Greenleaf Meals, mentioned that is a part of the corporate’s dedication to
- Plant-based producer Laird Superfood acquired Choosy Bars, a supplier of power bars and nutritionally enhanced oatmeal and granola, for $12 million in money and inventory.
- Choosy Bars, based by skilled athletes in 2010, makes a speciality of clean-label merchandise with a balanced protein, fats and carbohydrate content material. Its choices, which had beforehand been offered solely direct to shopper, can be supplied by Laird Superfood’s omnichannel platform throughout the U.S.
- The acquisition is Laird Superfood’s first since going public in September. It additionally marks the corporate’s growth into product segments past its useful, beverage-focused portfolio, which incorporates coffees, coconut-based creamers, powdered drink mixes, coconut waters and dried fruit and nuts.
Whereas Laird Superfood could also be including new product segments with its acquisition of Choosy Bars, there’s a lot concerning the deal that means a conservative and complementary merging of the better-for-you producers.