State and federal officers are investigating a multistate Salmonella outbreak traced to uncooked, frozen, breaded, stuffed hen merchandise. The USDA issued a public alert, however no remembers have been initiated as of the posting of the outbreak announcement.
The six-state outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis infections has sickened a minimum of 17 individuals. The Salmonella pressure seems to be notably harmful due to a excessive hospitalization charge. Of 13 sufferers for whom the data is offered, eight of them have been admitted to hospitals.
Of 12 sufferers interviewed thus far, 10 report making ready and consuming frozen breaded stuffed hen merchandise, in keeping with the outbreak announcement this afternoon from the Facilities for Illness Prevention and Management.
“Folks reported shopping for many various manufacturers of uncooked frozen breaded stuffed hen merchandise from a number of shops. When requested about how the merchandise had been ready at residence, seven individuals reported undercooking,
UPDATE: June 2, 2021: The story has been up to date with extra context on the phrases of the deal offered by TreeHouse Meals.
- Submit Holdings has acquired the ready-to-eat cereal enterprise of TreeHouse Meals for $85 million, the CPG firms stated in an announcement. The acquisition consists of two amenities positioned in Lancaster, Ohio, and Sparks, Nevada; a analysis and growth facility positioned in Sauget, Illinois; in addition to stock valued at roughly $30 million.
- That is the second time the 2 firms have agreed to a deal. In December 2019, the Federal Commerce Fee challenged Submit’s $110 million acquisition of TreeHouse Meals’ personal label ready-to-eat cereal enterprise due to antitrust considerations. The deal was terminated a month later.
- Submit declined to touch upon the present deal, regardless of the sooner considerations from the FTC. A TreeHouse Meals spokesperson stated with the deal closed it may well
- Quorn gross sales and distribution might be expanded within the U.S., prime Monde Nissin executives informed Reuters. Monde Nissin, greatest identified for its Asian noodle and snack manufacturers, additionally owns the U.Ok.-based fermented meat analog firm. On Tuesday, it had a $1 billion preliminary public providing on the Philippine Inventory Alternate.
- Quorn CEO Marco Bertacca informed Bloomberg that the model’s ambition is to be the world’s prime various rooster supplier. To improve Quorn’s manufacturing capability and presence at U.S. quick meals restaurant chains, Monde Nissin will spend almost 16 billion pesos ($335 million) to increase its presence right here.
- Quorn is likely one of the pioneers within the meat various area. The corporate arose from a British industrialist’s push to discover a non-animal supply of protein within the Sixties and began promoting meals within the U.Ok. in 1985. It arrived in the USA in 2002, and was
- Walmart has debuted a personal label beef line known as McClaren Farms in shops throughout the Southeast, the retailer introduced this week.
- McClaren Farms’ all-natural, no-hormones-added Black Angus beef is offered in virtually 500 shops throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and South Carolina. The road’s merchandise embody USDA Selection Angus filet mignon, T-Bone, porterhouse, ribeye, brief ribs and chuck roast.
- McClaren Farms is an outgrowth of the end-to-end beef provide chain program the retailer introduced two years in the past because it ramps up its recent grocery objects.
Walmart entered the meat trade in 2019 to be able to supply responsibly raised, “steakhouse high quality” meats underneath its personal provide chain operations. Now the retailer is taking the following step by bringing that offer underneath a brand new home model.
Walmart’s McClaren Farms line is produced in partnership with Bob McClaren of Prime Pursuits, which
Solar Hong is recalling all circumstances of its “Seafood” mushrooms — often known as enoki mushrooms — imported from China which might be packaged in 5.3-ounce packages as a result of they’ve the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The packages wouldn’t have expiration dates.
Solar Hong Meals grew to become conscious of this difficulty after notification by the California Division of Public Well being that samples of the product examined by the State of California had been discovered to be optimistic for Listeria monocytogenes.
Shoppers who’ve bought Solar Hong Meals Inc. “Seafood” mushrooms are urged to not eat it and return it to the place of buy for a full refund.
The enoki mushrooms had been distributed in California, Texas, Washington, Illinois and Florida, in response to the corporate’s recall discover posted by the Meals and Drug Administration
Retailers together with Asian supermarkets could carry this model.
- Nonalcoholic beer maker Athletic Brewing has raised a $50 million Collection C funding spherical led by Alliance Shopper Development and present investor TRB Advisors. This brings Athletic’s complete funding to $70 million, co-founder and CEO Invoice Shufelt informed Meals Dive.
- It’s going to use the funding to assemble its third brewery, a producing facility in Connecticut, to assist East Coast growth. Athletic Brewing used its first funding spherical to construct its first brewery, and its second to buy a facility in San Diego, California, in 2020.
- Athletic is seeing “a surge in shopper demand and we’re actually arduous pressed to satisfy [it] presently, so we’re attempting to put for bricks for the long run,” Shufelt mentioned, pointing to Nielsen information displaying that gross sales of nonalcoholic craft beer have grown 430% year-over-year, with Athletic claiming half of the phase. Customers are more and more choosing