Officers in Hong Kong are investigating carbon monoxide poisoning in a restaurant that left 14 individuals needing hospital remedy.
The Centre for Well being Safety (CHP) of the Division of Well being reported that the group ate a “sizzling pot” dinner utilizing charcoal as cooking gas in a single room at a restaurant in Wan Chai. Scorching pot is a shared meal that entails a pot of broth in the course of the desk with gadgets reminiscent of greens and meat put in it to cook dinner.
The six males and eight girls developed signs together with lack of consciousness, dizziness, vomiting, nausea, headache, shortness of breath and palpitation about two hours after the dinner began.
Ten of the 14 sufferers, aged between 23 and 39, are in a steady situation whereas the opposite 4 have been discharged from hospital.
Investigations discovered that whereas the air conditioner was on, the