Goodfood Market Corp is recalling Goodfood model Onions, Product of Mexico, due to doable Salmonella contamination, in keeping with the Canadian Meals Inspection Company.
The corporate studies distributing the recalled onions within the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia and probably nationally.
This recall was triggered by a U.S. onion recall by ProSource Produce LLC, of Hailey, ID. ProSource Produce LLC onions have been related to a Salmonella Oranienburg outbreak that has contaminated greater than 650 folks in the US. Federal officers say the outbreak has been traced to the recent onions from Mexico.
Customers shouldn’t devour the recalled merchandise described under.
|Goodfood||Medium Yellow Onions||908 g (2 lb)||9000799||3680626||Product of Mexico|
|Goodfood||Medium Yellow Onions||908 g (2 lb)||9000799||3682656||Product is labelled as Product of USA, though the onions|
- Cargill’s new soluble SimPure rice flour is a clean-label bulking agent that has the same style, texture and performance as maltodextrin. The brand new ingredient was formally unveiled this week on the SupplySide West commerce present.
- This ingredient can be utilized as a one-to-one substitute of maltodextrin, and may enhance mouthfeel, in line with the corporate. In sensory testing of powdered chocolate milk, Cargill stated that buyers discovered a SimPure rice flour prototype to be creamier.
- Customers are more and more attempting to steer clear of merchandise with elements that sound like they’ve been overprocessed. SimPure rice flour can seem on an ingredient label as “soluble rice flour.”
Relating to simplifying elements, meals corporations are looking out for objects which might be purposeful and do not sound like they belong in a chemistry textbook.
Maltodextrin, a extremely processed powder derived from starchy vegetation together with corn,
- Plant-based rooster maker Daring Meals has raised $65 million in a Collection C funding spherical led by Founders Fund and together with earlier investor D1 Capital Group in addition to athletes and celebrities resembling tennis Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka, former NFL quarterback Cameron Newton and DJ and music producer Steve Aoki.
- Daring can be launching this month at 3,000 Walmart areas, which doubles its retail distribution and contains different nationwide retailers resembling Entire Meals, Sprouts Farmers Market and Kroger, and on-line providers like Gopuff and Imperfect Meals, in keeping with a press launch emailed to Meals Dive.
- The California-based producer had a number of funding rounds inside simply over a yr, bringing its complete elevate to greater than $120 million and strengthening its foothold within the $272 million market for plant-based rooster within the U.S.
Water, soy, sunflower oil, salt and pure flavoring: For Daring’s
- Swedish better-for-you ice cream and snacking model Nick’s closed a $100 million Collection C fundraising. The spherical was led by Kinnevik, Ambrosia and Temasek. Gullspang additionally participated on this spherical.
- The corporate will use the cash to bolster its North American and European development by increasing its portfolio and doubling retailer rely subsequent yr. Nick’s additionally plans important R&D investments.
- That is the second large funding spherical this yr for Nick’s. In January, the corporate raised $30 million to gas its worldwide growth efforts.
In February, Nick’s North America CEO Carlos Altschul instructed Meals Dive he noticed 2021 as a banner yr for the corporate, and his phrases are ringing true. This mega-funding spherical tops off an already spectacular yr, throughout which the corporate was one of many first to supply animal-free dairy ice cream via a partnership with Good Day, launched into a brand new
- Plant-based refrigerated and frozen meals maker Tattooed Chef is able to enter a brand new class with the acquisition of personal label snack and vitamin bar producer Belmont Confections for $18 million. The transaction is anticipated to shut through the fourth quarter of this yr.
- Ohio-based Belmont Confections has the potential to contribute greater than $100 million yearly in income within the subsequent two to a few years, in response to a press launch on the deal. It is going to additionally present Tattooed Chef with a 47,000-square-foot bar manufacturing facility.
- Tattooed Chef has relied on M&A to increase its attain into new segments. In Could, the plant-based firm purchased New Mexico Meals Distributors, Inc. and Karsten Tortilla Manufacturing facility for $35 million to increase into Mexican and Southwest meals. This newest acquisition opens the door for the corporate to achieve into the $10 billion plant-based bar class.
- Hershey is partnering with a2 Milk to create a milk co-branded by the 2 CPGs, the businesses stated in a press release.
- Hershey’s a2 Milk, which is made utilizing 2% diminished fats milk and Hershey’s cocoa, is scheduled to hit retailers’ cabinets in January. The beverage is Hershey’s first partnership with a premium milk firm.
- The brand new milk is the newest rollout by the Pennsylvania-based snack and confection maker that expands its attain into better-for-you choices and new product classes.
Whereas the maker of Reese’s, Almond Pleasure and its namesake chocolate bar stays a serious participant within the indulgent sweets house, Hershey has moved aggressively underneath the route of CEO Michele Buck to broaden its attain of merchandise for customers who’re extra carefully watching what they eat.
Since Buck took over in 2017, Hershey bought fast-growing SkinnyPop popcorn, protein-bar maker One Manufacturers and invested an